Thursday, April 9, 2009

Pimpin' My Shop


Boy, have I been busy. I decided to take a big plunge and dive into advertising. Can I afford it? No. Is my shop (and my production habits) ready for the potential custom? Maybe not. But Lora Hart Jewels has been open for a year and I've only had about 11 sales. Don't let the huge "14 sales" number on Etsy fool you. I've been doing a lot of trades lately and lowered certain prices to .20 so I could claim a few more purchases (don't tell anyone).


So I bid on Project Wonderful ads on Craft Cast and Daily Art Muse. Then when another favorite blog started offering advertising, I inquired. The Paris Apartment is a fabulous blog with luscious pictures that I'd really like to jump into and begin a virtually new life. But her advertising rates are real world. I was taken aback at first. Way back to "Thanks Anyway". But she was so enthusiastic about my work, and I really think her followers are more my type of audience than the typical Etsy shopper, that I'm going to try it out. And I don't realllly need to go out to eat so much do I?


So I've created 6 ads (with much help from Saint Paige) which will rotate in some kind of flash thingie - the P.A. web mistress will take care of that part. I think they turned out beautifully and am really excited about the whole thing now. I'll give it a month and see if my numbers jump. And I can track where visits to my shop come from using Google Analytics. Now it's butterfly time. Wish me luck!

13 comments:

Margaret Schindel said...

Good luck with your new advertising initiatives, Lora. May they bring you LOTS of new sales! :)

Karen Gill said...

These photos are wonderful! Good fortune with your advertising!

Susan Dilger said...

Well aren't you just Miz Thang!!! Seriously, best of luck to you! The shots are gorgeous. Keep us posted on how it works.

Angela Crispin said...

The ads are gorgeous. I totally agree with you on the Paris Apartments site ! Thanks for making me discover that ! It totally corresponds to your style ! What a great initiative. Wish I had the same gusto ! May it pour !

Anonymous said...

I believe in you and thanks for believing in me too! I know my readers will love your gorgeous and unique treasures!

Lora Hart said...

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone! And especially thanks to Claudia of The Paris Apartment. It's an exciting opportunity and I appreciate it so much.

Paige said...

They look so great. Also I want to join Angela in thanking you to turning me onto the Paris Apartment blog. I also sent it to a good friend of mine and she loves it too. As a matter of fact I think Paris Apartments might make her a blog reader.

Janice said...

Lora,

I'm happy to have just found your blog. Your ad looks fabulous! I love your work and hope advertising on the Paris Apartment blog will bring you lots of good things! It looks like a good match.

Chocolate and Steel said...

how exciting! Good for you. The images look great. I actually gasped at the first one:)

Paige said...

Speaking of ads. Your ad was featured twice at Daily Art Muse while I was there last night. once in the patrons section. It said "Your ad could be here, right now" under it. And then it was listing again in the supporters section. Your diabolical plan to take over bloglandia is staring to work.

Lora Hart said...

Diabolical plan is working, yes... but i hit the button twice for DAM and am spending twice the money! Damn! ;-)

Ruth said...

It'll be interesting to see how it goes. Hope it's successful.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your new venture, hopes it brings you lots of sales. Your work is awesome!