Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Gettin' Ready!

Long time no see. I've been furiously trying to get ready for my three day show at the Contemporary Crafts Market in Santa Monica California. In you're in the neighborhood, be sure to download a free pass (and be sure to notice who's photo was used in the postcard on the far right). I'd love to see you.

I finally completed some more pendants for my Specimen Container series. Some of the containers I've had for a while - waiting for the perfect specimen, and some are newly made. I'm happy with how they turned out. Hope some of the visitors to the show think they're nice too!

So, the rest of the day will be dedicated to pricing and getting my booth supplies together. I'll set up sometime tomorrow so that I only have to finalize the actual jewelry displays on Friday morning.


I'd say I was looking forward to taking a big breath on Monday, but my 8 week class at Otis starts on Wednesday night and it's sold out! Fancy that. I do have the *next* weekend off, but then there's another show at Sierra Madre Creative Arts Group the weekend after that. Oy Vey! I'll be a wreck. But thinking of some of you who do this all summer, or all year long - traveling to far off states to sell your pretty things makes me realize how good I've actually got it. I'll wish us all tons of happy customers and fun people watching. Carpe Diem!

13 comments:

Sue said...

Love the specimen container series! Do take and post some photos of your table all set up please.

Honey from the Bee said...

LOVE these!! What terrific fun to make, too, I bet.

Lorena Angulo said...

Super beautiful work Lora !!!
Love your container series.
All the best for you my beautiful friend.
XOXOX

Zoe Nelson said...

I know you'll do GREAT!!

Unknown said...

Wow Lora, I just LOVE this series of work! You have really hit it on the head with these gorgeous pieces!
Hope you sell heaps!

Susan Dilger said...

Beautiful!!!! Shake a leg.... or is it "break a leg"...... no, no, on second thought, just sell a boatload!!!! :-)

Jen Crossley said...

WOW stunning work I love it

Cathy said...

These look great Lora! Wishing you tons of customers with piles of cash ;-)

Congrats on getting your work on the postcard too.... that's way cool!

Nicola said...

They look fantastic & well done on the postcard!
Hope you sell LOADS :)

Nic xx

Alicia said...

Good wishes for you Lora. Your creations are beautiful. Do tell us how you make out.

Alicia

Phoenix said...

GO! GO! GO! SELL! SELL! SELL! FUN! FUN! FUN!

My chant for your weekend. The series is wonderful as is all your work :)

Tia Tuenge said...

Wow those are so beautiful! I would love to see them in person.

Lora Hart said...

Thanks Tia. I'll try to remember to wear one or two to the next meeting. And you can always come to the November show! ;D