Saturday, May 26, 2012

Weekend Eye Candy - Memory Edition

It's Memorial Day weekend in the United States, and all of these images were found through a search for the word 'memory'.

Jewelry can be a talisman, a private token that holds a moment in time, a tangible manifestation of an entire relationship, or a collection of facsimiles that tell the story of a life.

The memories associated with a special piece of jewelry can be a powerful force. As I begin to pack and purge for the big move, I'm finding things tucked into corners that I'd long forgotten about. And know, that even though they haven't seen the light of day in many years, I'm still not ready to consign them to the thrift store. The stories they continue to tell are too powerful to silence.

I have a whole collection of my Mother's belongings that will travel with me to Virginia. The gloves, handkerchiefs, and 60's costume jewelry still whisper their fairy tales. And I still listen and long to believe.

No comments: