Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year, New You (And Renewed Me)

What a whirlwind of activity I had in 2012! Moving from the west coast to the east was quite the experience. Not just because of the physical packing (and un-packing), but the planning and mental preparation, leaving the comfort and familiarity of a landscape and social life I had enjoyed all my life, and acclimating to a new environment were much more difficult that I had imagined. I landed in Richmond on August 1st, and it's taken me a while to get back in the groove.

My apartment and new studio are wonderful. I'm surprised by how much I enjoy leaving the former to travel to the latter. Working in an outside studio (without interruptions by furry distractors) has been invigorating. Being able to set up separate stations, leave work out at the end of the day, store supplies out of sight of visitors, and of course the ability to hold classes in my own space are all gifts that I'm so grateful for. And now coming home at the end of the day to my sweet purring pets is extra welcoming and comforting.

I have many plans swirling around my brain. I'm designing new classes that I'd love to teach around the country, making samples for the new and improved certification projects, experimenting with combining porcelain clay and metal clay, and re-invigorating the Mentorial program that I designed in 2010.

I'm so proud to have been able to help artists from around the world raise the bar on their own artistic practice. I really enjoy the one on one interaction, brainstorming together to find solutions to each maker's particular concerns. I'd be honored to be able to guide you as you transition from your current path to a more complete vision of your creative business. Whether you need help discovering your unique artistic voice, want to begin teaching, need help navigating the craft show scene, want to explore other methods of production to add to your creative tool box, or  are considering scaling up any other aspect of your art - I'd love to mentor your journey.

The method and frequency of our relationship is up to you. Voice to voice, face to face Skype meetings allow us to share work in progress and brainstorm in real time, while in-depth, written communications via Etsy's Convo system provide more time for thoughtful consideration and the ability to go back and review our discussions in a detailed manner.

Being able to choose exactly what you want to work on, how long you want to spend on each aspect of your business, and exactly when you want to meet is a very organic way of working, and the affordability just can't be beat.

Please let me know if I can help you realize your dreams. Feel free to e-mail for a free consultation. Here's to a wonderfully creative and fulfilling 2013 to all! Thank You for reading.

No comments: