Tuesday, October 6, 2015

If It's Tuesday...

I'm busily preparing for a last minute jaunt to Belgium with Miss Donna Penoyer. Donna is teaching, and I'm tagging along for the ride! We'll go to Ghent, Bruges, Temse (where Donna is presenting a whistle class), and then a fast visit of Paris. Get ready for lots of inspiration.

I'm also really pleased to say I have two registered artists for Make Your Mark and one for Metal Clay Immersion. If you missed my last post, I'll be teaching four workshop intensives at my Richmond Virginia Studiolo in 2016. Read all about them here.

Last week I started work on a little amphora which I thought I'd decorate with a carved design. It was 5 cards thick, and very dry, but as I worked on it - it shattered into 5 pieces! After a quiet little temper tantrum, I decided to put it back together like Humpty Dumpty, and fire it anyway. Here's to perseverance! Can I get an Amen!! It's not exactly what I had imagined, but didn't turn out so very badly. I think I'll keep it.

Have a great week, and thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It still turned out beautiful in my eyes! Inspiring :)