Thursday, September 29, 2016

Marketing Milestone

I've been in Richmond Virginia for 4 years now. And have been renting studio space in a coop for the same time. And today I upped my marketing game. I feel like a professional now. I got a professionally installed sign for the window in my door!


The area that I worked in in LA was tiny, then I moved into two small studios when I first came to RVA (that stands for Richmond Virginia). One to work in and the other for storage and the kilns. Then I condensed those two rooms into one, so I could downsize again. I do dream of a large, airy, light filled studio - maybe even one with a window to the outside. And maybe that window would actually have a view! I know some of you have wonderful spaces like that and I'm kind of jealous, if I'm going to tell the truth. But it's probably not gonna happen for me. And I do like my little cubby hole. It's compact and quiet and has no studio beasts to shed all over my clay and distract me from the task at hand.

All of this is to explain why I'm calling it The Studiolo. That's what I've been calling my space since I lived in LA. The Small Studio, but Studiolo sounds more romantic. A long ago Flickr friend called his studio in Italy - Studiolo, so I appropirated the sobriquet. Ok - I stole it. I figure there can be more than one Studiolo in the world.


The sign is made of vinyl. The 'etched glass' is on the inside of the door, and the lettering is on the outside. Made and applied by Cut Cut in Richmond. I highly recommend them. Nice people.

So now, hopefully, people will be able to find my studio a little easier in this maze of cubicles. C'mon by and take a look sometime.


3 comments:

Vickie Hallmark said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

Love the sign - love the name. Looks great!

jenniferpolson said...

I love your sign! When I go that way I definitely want to look you up, Lora!