Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Top O' The Mornin' To Ye

Happy Saint Paddy's Day to one and all. It's a beautiful, bright day by the beach and I'm reminded of the last lines of a particularly lovely Irish blessing.

May green be the grass you walk on,
May blue be the skies above you,
May pure be the joys that surround you,
May true be the hearts that love you.


My joys increased exponentially yesterday. Not only did I totally clean up (straighten up - we won't use the white glove test) my taa, but I got the most wonderful e-mail from Mr. Tim McCreight inviting me to be one of the four jurors for this year's PMC Guild Annual! I'm just much too excited. And honored to be in the company of Barbara Becker Simon, Lisa Cain and Bruce Baker! And it will be the fourth volume to include my work too! In celebration of this stunning news, I'm having a little giveaway. I'm inviting anyone who doesn't already own the first volume of the Annual (can you believe those prices!) to tell me in ten lines or less how metal clay has impacted your life. I'll ask a disinterested party (one of my friends) to choose the best mini essay. Don't worry, you won't be graded. ;D

I'm certainly hoping that some (many) of you are going to submit luscious photos for me to try and choose from! Names of artists aren't attached (I think), so no playing favorites. And that's as it should be isn't it? The book comes out in August - so we'll have a long time to wait unfortunately. But anticipation makes the heart grow fonder. ;D

(That's a porcelain doll leg on the left)

Oh, and to really put the cherry on this confection of a day, my first tutorial as one of Tonya Davidson's Master Muse's is up! I really love how it turned out.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so PROUD of you! Bravo! WELL deserved!

Patrik's Studio said...

Congrats Lora! What an honor! I'm so excited for you!

Donna Penoyer said...

Yay, Lora! I'm so proud of you! They couldn't have picked anybody better!

Kirsten said...

Congratulations!

Vickie Hallmark said...

Yes! Yes! YES! Way to go, Lora! Great choice for jurors, and a huge honor, well deserved for you.

And your tutorial is just totally tempting. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Thomasin Durgin said...

Huge congrats you deserve it! I LOVE That doll leg pendant!

Paige said...

Congratulations Lora that's amazing news. You'll be a great judge. Woo Hoo!

C Hamilton Designs said...

Wow Lora, you rock, and we know you......woo hoo

Phoenix said...

Awesome news! Congrats!

Bella Swan said...

COngratulations :)

Ruth said...

Yay! I'm really pleased for you my dear! Good for you!

Moda di Magno said...

Here's an essay for you:

To take a lump of clay and create a design in silver without the saw or the tanks or the anvil - what sweet relief. To give a customer a personalized design with not an extra ounce of stress or aggravation - what joy. To answer the middle-of-the-night call of an idea without waking the husband or the cats - what secret, great pleasure. To continue to surprise 'artists in the know' with the line "Do you know about metal clay" - utter coolness. To have found a community of artists willing to share ideas and techniques and their own love of metal clay - that is the greatest joy indeed.

Mango Tango Designs said...

Congratulations, Lora! Well done. (And Magno gets my vote on the giveaway!) xoxo

Moda di Magno said...

Addendum:

How would I *like* it to impact my life - I'd like to make it my full time life. For now it will be the balance to the very nice, very comfortable, very creative day job that ensures the mortgage is paid on time and provides the health insurance that I love so dearly.

Come on public option!

Inbar Bareket said...

Congrats Lora! It's very exciting !!!

Nicola said...

So proud of you & so well deserved too!
I've already got the annual so good luck to all your entries :)
Nic xx