Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Newz

Well. I seem to have taken the summer off from my blog haven't I? It was completely unintentional believe me. But I have to say - I've enjoyed my time away.

I've had quite an active life during my cyber hibernation. Let's see. The June show was really fun. I made out okay although it was a reallly slow show. Some of the textile people (fabulous clothes) did amazingly well, but most of the others had time on their hands.

My booth looked good, but I think I need a little re design.

In time for the November show.

Yikes

As you know I was asked to be a juror for the PMC Guild Annual. It was such an honor and quite an insight into the jury process. Can't wait till October to see the book in print.

I was also asked to become the Artistic Advisor to the PMCC Senior Instructors. Talk about an honor! I'm still trying to figure out exactly what that means and how I'll try to implement it, but the journey will be so exciting.

The conference at Purdue was great as usual. Too many seminars, demos and talks to choose from of course. I really wish Hermione would loan me her Time Turner. Possibly the best event was the Rio cocktail party. There was a nice little jazz combo playing, yummy finger food and most of all I got to meet the charming (and very tall) Carmen Maria Theresa Consuela Chiquita Botswana Banana! (One of Donna Penoyer's alters)

Here she is dancing with Bill Struve

Carrrrrmen
(you have to roll your r's when you say it)

At the end of the conference, a few of us were having a last lunch in the cute little town that surrounds the Purdue campus and didn't Jeannette LeBlanc ask me (and the others) to be the Board of Advisors for Metal Clay Artist Magazine! She also asked me to write an article for the last page in the magazine. It's not due till October (although I've already written it), so I'm not sure when it will go to print - but I'm looking forward to that too.

I guess the Universe likes me! It really likes me! Remind me of that fact the next time I'm feeling "less than".

I've also decided to join a Master Mind group. A Master Mind is a support system, a brainstorming community and a visionary workshop space taken to the nth degree. I've been feeling a little ungrounded and foggy lately about where I want my life in metal clay to take me - so my goal for the next 6 months is to gain clarity and focus. I'm really lucky to have been asked to become a member of this particular group. All the members are artists in different disciplines. Not that a Master Mind group has to be made up of creatives. But this one is. The organizer was a student of mine in an Intro class earlier this summer. I overheard her talking about starting the group and piped up to say I'd be interested. Thank goodness I'm an inveterate eavesdropper. We've only had one meeting so far (only once a month in person, more on line), but I'm really inspired already. Tia has written a post that outlines how you might start your own MM group. Check it out.

And last but not least I've signed up to be a mentor on ApprenticeMentor. Watch out world...

So summer is winding down and and it's time to start ratcheting up production for fall and winter. What will you be working on this season?


5 comments:

Lorena Angulo said...

My beautiful Lora,
I am so happy for these great news for you ! ;-) You deserve all of them.
I enjoyed meeting you at the conference in Purdue and finally see in person the wonderful artist and human being that you are.

Lora Hart said...

Oh Miss Lore,
Thanks mi amore (is that Italian?). I'm so grateful to have finally met you too. You're an inspiration to me and I'm thrilled to be able to call you my friend.

Phoenix said...

Congrats Lora . . . things are really hoppin', shakin, rattlin' and rollin' for you . . . it's all so exciting and inspiring . . . watch out world is right . . . I just hope I can keep myself ahead of your dust :)

Zoe Nelson said...

Congratulations, Lora! It sounds like you have some exciting times ahead.

Angela Crispin said...

My goodness, Lora ! You're on a roll !!! Such wonderful projects ahead I could hardly keep breathing while reading, holding my breath for the next paragraph ! Too cool! Miss Skyping !

xoxo

o:-)