Monday, February 28, 2011

The Best Laid Plans...

Do you dream of making a living doing what you love? Does the very thought of writing a business plan make your skin crawl? Are you looking for a fun and accessible way to map out your business success?
I just completely stole those three questions directly from Jennifer Lee's own blog. Jennifer has written a book that looks so intriguing that I want to share it with you. I think I might just rush off to B&N after breakfast to have a look see for myself.
Making a business plan is a daunting task for the best of brains, add in a creative bent and it becomes stupifying in the extreme. I did a business plan about 10 years ago when I was stringing beads and never actually translated any of  my writing into reality. I suppose it's time for another try at getting more professional with my business, and I can see how writing a plan would certainly help narrow my focus and zero in on my goals - but really... WRITE A PLAN? In words? That's just much too much to think about.
But if Jennifer has some great tips that might make it easier or (dare I say it?) fun - I'm willing to give it a shot. What about you? Have you ever written a business plan? How did it work for you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not. But, I downloaded something to help me write one. I may have to get this book!

Creative people CAN be good businesspeople. We just have to approach it creatively. ;-D

Sarah Triton said...

Would you believe that when I had my decorating business, that I actually took a CLASS in writing a business plan? My follow-up skills just plain inhale deeply, if you get my drift. Maybe I should check out both the book AND her blog!