Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Student Mosaic - Hinge Edition



I taught a really great 4 week class in January with 11 motivated and talented students. This pendant was their final project. They learned how to make simple hinges and apply frames to insert a photo. The the photo was sealed with UV resin and a staple hinge pin was bent into place. Each student altered my original design to come up with the most beautiful pieces

Tonight I'm starting an 8 week class at another venue and I'm looking forward to even more creative inspiration. As a teacher I love giving artists the tools and information to realize their vision. But the best part of any exchange is the knowledge that I always seem to receive back. Through the years my students have given of themselves, inspired me and taught me a few tricks that I wouldn't have thought of.

Taking and teaching classes is such a fulfilling experience. I really don't know how my life would have progressed without the wonderful craft movement that's been taking place for the past decade. Here's to the art of Making. *clicks glass* Go out and create something beautiful today!

2 comments:

Phoenix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vickie Hallmark said...

What terrific students you have! Obviously, they used their talent combined with the amazing inspiration of their teacher to come up with these treasures.