Monday, October 8, 2012

The Times, They Are A-Changin'...

Fall is has arrived in Richmond! The trees are just starting to blush, the days are darker a little earlier, and today I wanted to turn on the heat. If I were still in LA, I'd think it was January. That's how (not really) cold it gets in Southern California.

Ella under cover

My iPhone tells me it's 46º with an expected high of 55º. Brrr.... Definitely sweater weather. Maybe even a light jacket. If I owned one. Until I can get to the store I'll just layer like I did in Venice. The kitties don't seem to mind the cooler weather much. Diego was curled up on the bed when I got back from breakfast, and Ella is firmly ensconced under the covers. A new trick I think she's really enjoying.

Diego cuddling on my arms as I type

I tried turning on the heat, just to warm things up a bit, but I'm not sure it's working. Sigh. The joys of living in a 1928 building. Until I figure out the furnace, I'm very happy to have my old sheepskin lined Merrells on hand to keep my toesies cozy.

No comments: