Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Proud Mama

Last Wednesday was the last meeting of my 8 week class at Otis in Los Angeles. I had such a great group this semester and even though I'm kind of thrilled that I don't have to go out tonight, I'm going to miss them. They were all sooo creative, self starters, enthusiastic, funny and endearing.

I scheduled really ambitious projects including bezel setting un fireable cabochons with fine silver milled bezel wire and a hinged pendant. Those two projects were completed on the last night, so unfortunately I don't have photos of them, but here are just a smattering of the wonderful work my babies created.

Tone Sarian - Class Project, Hinged Pendant 

Terri Godat - Personal Project

Terri Godat - Class Project, Ceramic Setting 

Lori Indgin - Class Project, Box Bead with Resin 

Renée Sacks-Day - Personal Project

Judy Peck - Personal Project, Dog Tag

Eric Ho - Personal Project

Lori Indgin - Class Project, Ceramic setting

Birgitta Kastenbaum - Adaptation of Class Project, Pillow Bead

The next session starts in September. I have to think of some really great projects to do. I know they'll be able to master anything I put in their path. I'd love to have you join us at Otis Continuing Ed in the fall!


13 comments:

Paige said...

You should be proud these are stunning. I always say judge a teacher not by her/ his work but by the work of their students...You are a great teacher.

Vickie Hallmark said...

Amazing work! There's such synergy between great teachers and great students. Bravo!

Anonymous said...

WOWEE-ZOWEE! These are STUDENTS? Will give the Pro's a run for the money!!! (I'm sure the instuctor had something to do with it....)

Sarah Triton said...

I agree with Paige...(who was once your student, if I remember correctly)...you have a great deal to be proud of! Even I miss your students! Love ya, 'chile!

Sarah

Zoe Nelson said...

Your students must be as proud as you are! Lovely work.

Lora Hart said...

Thanks everyone! And Sarah - Saint Paige is entirely self taught! I wish I could claim her genius as a past student, but alas - no. Lucky I have other talented students I am proud to have inspired.

Anonymous said...

wonderful work!

Ruth said...

Great projects and they all look beautiful. A classroom of happy students!

Susan Dilger said...

Very impressive! Glad to see you're still spreading the love!

La Guilde Pâtes à Métaux Francophone said...

Wow, Lora ! Those are truly to be proud of, what a talented and lucky bunch to be learning from such a wonderful teacher ! What an amazing variety, too !

La Guilde Pâtes à Métaux Francophone said...

Forgot to add ... I love the background for your photos. It's subtle enough that I didn't see it the first time around, since the jewelry popped out, and looking again I love the texture and the slight difference in shade. You rock !

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh these are incredible!! If I were closer I'd sign up for one of your classes!

Wendy said...

Your students have done great work! You obviously have inspired them!