Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Reinvented...

And it looks so good! Here's the radical makeover of a ring that's been gathering dust on top of my bench for months and months.

It never did work exactly. The uneven angle of the top isn't dramatic enough to make a statement, the arch thingie was a piece of a broken toggle that fit perfectly, but looks horrible in silver. I was thinking of threading some felt through it, or adding beads and baubles, but nothing ever felt right. So I cut it off! I had a few ideas on how to re make the ring and you can see them here if you're so inclined. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Shall I put it on Etsy or hold onto it until the November Contemporary Crafts Market? And speaking of the CCM, I just found out that my Woodland Altar will be used for the promotional postcard for the June 2010 show!!! Sooo cool.

I'll be adding links to the other contestants makeovers throughout the day, so keep checking back to see what other lovliness ensued from this challenge.

8 comments:

Susan Dilger said...

Love the rings! And BIG congrats on the use of your Little Altar on the show card! THAT'S HUGE!!!!! Way to go, girlie!

Michelle Ross said...

Congrats on the altar, and I love what you did with the ring. Great makeover.

Laura Crawford said...

Love the ring - and I especially love the woodland altar. Congrats on being chosen for the postcard!

But, ack, is it Wednesday already?! I really had intended to work on a piece for this challenge... :)

alisa said...

oooooh! fantastic! and congratulations on the postcard! it really will help with sales. when i've been featured for a show, it seems to legitize my work more for buyers.

Victoria Takahashi said...

oh congratulations Lora!

The makeover ring turned out beautiful!!!!
Is that a bone cabachon in it? love the antiquey color of it.

Donna Penoyer said...

Lora, you are simply amazing! The ring is absolutely beautiful, and the Woodland Altar is perfectly stunning! I'm not surprised at all they chose it for the postcard, but I'm still jumping up and down for you!
You're my hero.
Donna

Nicola said...

Love the ring and the recycling of a button into the recycled material of silver clay. Way to go!

Great news on the promo postcard too, very well deserved!
Nicola x

Billy James said...

Wow!
You have a such a nice blog. This is a magical blog!
There's so much wonderful information here. It's a great resource, plus you've introduced me to some new trend of jewelery.