Friday, July 31, 2009

Weekend Eye Candy - Angela Gerhard Edition


I've been exploring enamel finally and an wondering what has taken me so long! And who better to become inspired by than Angela Gerhard! I've been a fan for a long time, and loved her recent article in Art Jewelry magazine, so I wanted to contemplate her technique and discover what particularly attracts me to her work.

Angela's graphic shapes fascinate me. The color blocks, the amoebic forms, the scraffito'd interruptions. I'm quite enamored of the imperfect circumferences she pierces, the more elegant bezel set 'cabochons", her etched; matte finish surface textures and the seeming simplicity of her designs. This quality of enameling is anything but easy.

I'd be honored to take a master class from Ms. Gerhard, although I know I don't have the skill set yet. And of course quite aside from the fact that she's said that she doesn't teach. Shame. I think it's time for another workshop over at Creative Arts Group.


Take a little walk over to Michelle and Paige's sites to see what eye candy they've come up with. Christine is winging her way to Philadelphia for the Buyer's Market. Wish her luck!

10 comments:

LizardsJewelry said...

I have always loved her work, her style and scents of color is awesome. I'd love to do a class with her too!

Vickie Hallmark said...

I'd take that class, too!

Hillary Heydle said...

I'd love to take a class as well!

Anonymous said...

her work is beautiful!

Lorena Angulo said...

I want a class too!!!
I admire her work , she is amazing.

Thanks Lora for this wonderful mention!

Ruth said...

I too love Angela's work. This collection is just gorgeous. Can I have them all (oh, apart from 14. the bench - not my color!) ?

Cathy said...

Thanks for sharing that delightful collection... I've often admired her work.

Paige said...

Love it, thank you for sharing. I loved her Art Jewelry article also. My style is very different but I love what she does with enamel.

lynn bowes said...

Boy! I just took my first basic old intro class on torch-firing and I'm such a LONG way from this level! Beautiful work and color combinations - I'm inspired to get busy!

:: lynn ::

Gail said...

I've been admiring her work for a while. Beautiful!!