Monday, November 16, 2009

Techno Dope!

Dope can mean a few things. Other than the illegal definition, it might mean less than intelligent or knowledgeable. In the popular slang of a few years ago it meant cool and desirable. In this instance - for me - it means the former. I'm absolutely sure that for some of you - it will mean the latter.

Granted, this was sent to the Orchid forum as an advertisement but it's also sooo coool that I thought I'd share. It's a moot point for me. I have no cell phone. Well, I have a disposable one for emergencies that lives in the glove compartment of my car, but that's it. No apps for me. But this one almost makes me wish.....

"Victoria Lansford announces her latest release through publishing company Spiral Publications: iMakeJewelry for the Apple iPhone.

iMakeJewelry is the ultimate app for jewelers and metalsmiths. Use it to check precious metal prices, calculate sheet, wire and wax weights, ring blank lengths, find alloy recipes and information on stones. Use it to calculate weight conversions from wax to metal, silver to gold and weight conversions from English to metric. Also included are tables for drill bit sizes and B&S gauges.

Compatible with the iPhone and the iPodTouch. Requires iPhone OS 3.1.2 or later. Cost is US$3.99 and is available through Apple iTunes or iPhone App Store."

Oh Saaannntaaa... Santa Baby? Got a little somein' for my stocking?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

amazing isn't it! i just have a regular cell phone, don't need all the fancy stuff.
but my husband has a iphone, hmmm

Paige said...

You could get the ipod touch. Have all your music and pictures on the go and use this cool new app. No phone required.

Vickie Hallmark said...

Too funny! I'm not quite sure why I'd have my iPhone stashed in my studio, but if I needed all those metal calculations while away from home, I'd be set.

Nicola said...

Oooh that's sooo cool!

Unknown said...

You posted it just for me didn't you? Of course I downloaded it! You can see it Thursday, just remind me!
Very cool!, and thanks for posting it!