Friday, December 4, 2009

Weekend Eye Candy - Blindspot Jewelry Edition


Janos Gabor Varga is the genius behind Blindspot Jewelry. A Hungarian living in Italy, I *met* Janos (pronounced Yahnosh) through Flickr and have lusted for a piece of his ever since.

Janos works with iron, sterling silver, copper, marble, lucite, old coins... whatever sparks his flame. His designs are totally unique, some based on ancient axes or oil lamps, some inspired by the many reference photos he's collected of door knockers. Others spring from his imagination fully formed, articulated, multi functional and spectacular.

His pieces are at once strong, ancient, familiar and completely contemporary. I love the world he lives in.

3 comments:

PK Studios said...

I loooove the nutmeg ring!!! so creative! Really enjoy your blog. I live in Ojai...hoping to take one of your classes in the spring!

MoonRae said...

"I love the world he lives in"....
Ooooh, so do I!! Thanks so much for sharing him!! (well, you know what I mean hehe)
~smiles~

sandyxxx said...

Wow they are gorgeous earrings. I am envious of anyone who has the patience to make something so delicate.
-------------------------------
925 sterling silver