Friday, December 11, 2009

Weekend Eye Candy - Fiona Chapman Edition


It's grey, cold and rainy in LA this morning and I felt the need for a little color to brighten up my world.

I only know Fiona Chapman through Flickr, But I'm especially intrigued with how she takes one, simple theme and expands the form to create such a variety of lovely work. I'm just starting work on the resin project for the Master's Registry and I wanted to try my hand at a "Plique a Jour" application. Fiona's perfect technique is giving me quite a lot of inspiration.

Ms. Chapman writes a blog from her home in England and more of her work can be viewed on Trunkt.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Love this one Lora! This form of 'Plique a jour' resin work is very high in my mind at the moment! You psychic thing you!

Thanks for introducing this artist to me, I love the colour and simple lines of her work.

fionachapman said...

What a lovely surprise to find that you had used my work in one of your gorgeous 'Eye Candy' features. Thank you.

Paige said...

Love these. Thanks for sharing Lora. See you in the morning.