Thursday, September 2, 2010

Make Sure The Price is Right!

Do y'all know about Crafthaus? It's a Ning site where "Professional craft artists display their work, and connect with each other across all fields of interest". There are stunning photos, blogs, how to's, challenges and gallery showings. All in cyber space. I belong to it and you should too. Even if you don't fill your page and update it (I don't), it's worth it just to get the e-mailed newsletter with featured artists and events.

I got an e-mail this morning that featured a pricing article from guest blogger Anne Havel, an artist as well as a CPA. What a great combination. The article is in 3 parts. Part one talks about calculating your own labor charges; part two details pricing strategy and part three covers assistants and contract labor. These and many more interesting and helpful articles are all part of eMERGE, a Business Blog for Creative People - which is part of the Crafthaus site.

I have to admit that I haven't taken the time to explore all that Crafthaus has to offer. I think I'll spend some of my ID (indirect labor) time surfing this weekend.

1 comment:

Ruth Shapiro said...

Excellent advise! Thanks!