Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Afterwards...

There's got to be a morning after, right? Well - sad to say, my little fox tail earrings lost their winter coat. I wore them to my interview, grocery shopping, out for a two hour coffee and after all that they finally had to give up the ghost.


But they brought me luck! I'll be teaching at the Creative Arts Group starting in October. So if all you Los Angeleans could please spread the good news, I'd appreciate it. I'll be posting the classes on my blog later this morning. Hope to see some of you there! And I don't think I announced that I'll also be teaching at The Beading Place in Orange County (Tustin to be exact) beginning this summer! Schedule already posted.

This gorgeous whistle is by my lovely friend Donna Penoyer!

In other swell news, photos of my work were chosen for the 3rd edition of the PMC Guild Annual. The third edition and my third time in it!!! So exciting. Saint Paige will also have some of her gorgeous jewelry in it (thanks go to our wonderful Photog) along with four other members of the Etsy MetalClay team. Celie Fago, Jennifer Smith-Righter, Ruth Baille and Liz Hall. Congratulations to all of the wonderful artists whose work will be featured! Look here to see all the artists. Can't wait till August to see the book!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats! i hope to one day make it to one of your clasess.

Victoria Takahashi said...

congratulations on the exposure!
you deserve it!

Victoria Takahashi said...

ohohoh also congrats on the teaching job!
how could you of not possibly gotten the job when wearing your new fabulous earrings!?
i had a good feeling bout it ;D

Lora Hart said...

Thanks you two. And Sandra, I'd love it if you could come out to take a class! What fun.

Vickie Hallmark said...

Congrats all around!! I'll often think of the flower power earrings when I look at my purple fountain grass. ;-)

Lorena Angulo said...

Congrats!!! On your teaching job and on the PMC Annual!!!!
LOVE

Chocolate and Steel said...

Congrats on all fronts! I was pretty confident you would get the job - why wouldn't you. You're a great teacher.

Ruth said...

Who needs flowers in their ears all the time! Congrats on your interview success and all your teaching opportunities and the annual and.....

Chocolate and Steel said...

are up for it - you've been tagged

http://chocolateandsteel.blogspot.com/2009/06/little-bit-alright-more-like-lot.html