Monday, June 29, 2009

Time Warp

2000 BC meets the Roaring Twenties! At least in my version of the One A Week challenge.

I arranged BronzeClay disks with my fingers to imitate the draped fabric that ancient Greeks used in their togas. Some are textured, some are not. I like the un textured ones best and am thinking about designing a line called LinenFold using the design.

Then I wired coral beads to symbolize the wheels of a gladiator's chariot.The reference to Flapper is in the style of necklace itself. I wanted to do a really long one, but frankly my fingers got tired of wrapping the 16g steel wire. next time I'll use silver.

I could swear that there was something else I wanted to tell you, but I can't remember what it was. If I think of it, I'll re post later this afternoon. I'll also do the links to the other challenge particiapants later. I have to run to the vet now. 
(edit.) If you go to Alisa's blog, she has photos and links. 

6 comments:

Victoria Takahashi said...

I love the fact that you incorporated a couple of choices! I elove the fluid bronze pieces and splashes of red.
LOVELY!

I better get off the compoo and go and finish mine... heh.

Anonymous said...

it's totally cool!

Angela Crispin said...

Lora, the mix is really successful ! Those bronze pieces look great draped like that and I really like how you put the coral "horizontally" with the wire going through ! Very original and at the same time there's something "natural" in the whole piece, maybe it reminds me of berries ... yum ! ;o)

Angela Crispin said...

Forgot to say, I think I like the smooth one best too, but I don't know if it's because it's smooth or if it's the shape. I really like its fold, cool !

ALUNAN OMBAK said...

it look great

Victoria Takahashi said...

i have to add that the coral makes it feel romanesque and essence of old treasure to me.... nicely done!