Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Newz

So much to tell! You may remember that I injured my foot last year, had surgery and couldn't walk on it for three months. Well, just try getting onto your couch after crawling about on the floor. I managed to devise a way to sort of catapult myself up, and broke the frame of said 14 year old couch into the bargain. I've been sitting on that broken, decrepit thing for the past year and finally took the plunge to... buy a new couch!!!

And on sale too. ;-) It'll be delivered tomorrow morning. So excited! The thing I like best is that I'll be able to change the look any time I want. In a Shabby Chic mood? Sew some slip covers. Want to create a Moroccan boudoir? New slip covers! Celebrating the 4th of July? Slip a flag around those white pillows. I'm a woman of many moods and this was the perfect find.

In more news, Saint Paige is having the most wonderful giveaway on her blog! Have you ever visited a professional blog that displays magical ever changing ads? They remind me of the portraits at Hogwarts. Well, they're relatively complicated to make if you don't know html and expensive to buy if you hire someone else to do it for you. But now you can have one for your own little shop to upload to any site you want to advertise on! The rules are really simple, so hurry on over and try for your chance at an animated ad of your very own!


Here's an example. There will be 6 different designs to choose from!

I also want to remind you that Holly Gage is looking for images for the 2010 edition of her Metal Clay calendar. The deadline is August 15. Seems like a long time off, but it will be here before you know it. And you want to give yourself enough time to take some really beautiful shots of your work. Or hire a pro to do it for you.

The Saul Bell Award committee has sent out a call for entries too. So there are lots of things to do to get your work noticed. I'll submit if you do. Whaddya say? 

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Great couch, congrats!