Monday, October 13, 2008

A Logo For My Life

Symbiosis - A close relationship between two (or more) species.

Such as the relationship between a woman's foot and say... Manolo Blahnik strappy sandals for instance. I'm sure that's what Iris Schwarz had in mind when she created this wonderful illustration.  

But when I saw it in her shop my mind went straight to the near-year long relationship between my own poor foot and the myriad wrappings and bindings and sutures and hardware that have enveloped and invaded it in a kind of healing cooperative, working in tandem to restore it to a natural state of being. 

It had never occurred to me before that my life could be so well defined by a single image, but I resonated so completely with the tortured  metatarsals of "Symbiosis" that not only did I decide on the spot to buy it, but I'm adopting it as the logo of my life.  For this year at least.

I like the idea of creating a logo for your life. Inviting a single image to stand as a symbolic affirmation, directive, or goal. Or in my case to act as a reminder not to take life's little bumps and detours too seriously.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

painstakingly beautiful.

georgia b. said...

i just discovered your blog through chocolate and steel. i love this post!

may i quote it in my ShoeLove blog? I would of course provide a link and credit to you and your blog.