Monday, October 20, 2008

New Inspiration


When Barbara Becker Simon was in L.A. a little while back to teach a workshop, she shared one of the books she used to get inspiration for textures.  "Art Forms in Nature" by Ernst Haekel gives a wonderous look into the microscopic world of all kinds of organisms.

I was so mesmerized by some of the images, that I was compelled to create a tiny creature called a Diatom.  Actually one of that species.

I've listed him in my Etsy shop today and invite you to go take a look.  I think it's really lovely and may be inspired to design a whole new line of tiny creatures.

3 comments:

kait said...

oh, I love his work! I've been meaning to get the book for ages. Great pendant! Can't wait to see what else this inspires in you!

Chocolate and Steel said...

beautiful and so unique!

Lora Hart said...

Thanks you two. Glad you like him. It's a great book Kait. I think you;d love it.