Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Put Another Candle on the Birthday Cake....

Image via TwiddeStix

To Me!!!  Let's play "52 Pick Up". ;- )  Anyone remember that awful game?  My brother Tom (who is 8 years older than I) used to love to tease me. I, of course, would always want to play with my much older brothers and they, of course, were mostly bothered by their little sister. So when Tom offered to play a game of cards - I almost always said yes.

We'd get the deck out of it's paper case and he'd start to shuffle. He played poker in the garage with his high school friends and was a master shuffler. Then he'd give me a special look and...... throw the whole deck into the air, laugh and walk out the door.  :- {  That's it. That's the game. Pick up all of the 52 cards in the deck. And I fell for it over and over. At least that's how I remember it. Although my memory is faulty. After all... it's 52 years old. Today! Huzzah!

And in honor of my day, I'm going to have a last minute sale in my shop. 15% off absolutely everything. Just put "52 Pick Up" in the notes to seller and wait for a revised invoice. The sale ends Thursday at 5:00 pm sharp. Pacific Time.

I'm going to take myself to the movies and take another walk on the beach and maybe have a fattening Starbucks coffee. Happy Birthday to you too. In advance. Unless today is your birthday too! Wouldn't that be fun?!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lora!!!!!

My brother and I also played 52 pick-up...I didn't think anyone else knew about that card "game." In turn, I "played" it with my nephew. I wonder if he ever taught it to his kids.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

-Amy

Angela Crispin said...

My dear friend !!!! HAppy birthday!!! I hope you got my e-mail Yesterday - I had a big yellow post-it on my screen with your name and date on it, really :o)It's still there, I better take it off now so I can see some of the buttons ;o)

Oh, my brother, 5 years older than me, would always play 52 pick up. You describe it so well ! That's exactly it, and I'd fall for it too,every time. Maybe it was a big-brother thing. I love that you used that as your special birthday sale code ! You always have the greatest ideas !
Smoocharoo !!!!
o:-)

Susan Dilger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Dilger said...

Happy Birthday a day late! And 52 isn't THAT old! At least you're a year younger than me!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, and oooops! I'm so sorry I'm late!!! Happy Belated birthday!!! I'd sing to you if I could sing, but I can't so I won't.

Many more years of growth, health and prosperity.