Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A New Discovery!

While perusing KnitSteel's blog this morning, my eyes fell upon an Etsy logo that I didn't recognize which looked like a mini, but credited "The Mini Blog" as the shop name.  "What was it" I mused to myself. My finger was itching to click and I allowed it to tap the mouse.

The link led me to a Blogger blog called "All Things Handmade" which turns out to be dedicated to promoting individual Etsy shops through the use of Mini's! There are categories and sub categories just like the "real" Etsy site.

In addition to being another great promotional tool for sellers, it's also a wonderful search engine for buyers and creators of Treasuries. The mini's show the artist's style as well as the goods available and clicking on it of course takes you right to their shop.

I've already made the request to be added to the list, which was really simple. Just go to "Jewelry" and the sub category that best fits, "Metal" in my case and enter your shop id and name. Easy peasy. Go take a look! It's a good thing.

No comments: