Thursday, December 11, 2008

Santa Baby...


I just had to share. I made this cute ornament out of Faux Bone for a swap with a cyber friend. I love drawing illuminated manuscript inspired tendrils (they're really the only thing I do well) and they look perfect climbing up the walls of this little cottage.  I used a Dremmel Engraver to scratch the design into the surface of the PVC and schmeared on some printer's ink and metal dye to add some much needed color.

I had so much fun, I may just have to make one for myself. I can have one on a Hanukah Bush can't I?  ;-)

4 comments:

Beth Hikes said...

What fun! I love it's quirkiness :)

Vickie Hallmark said...

Very clever! I need a couple of ornaments for gifts, myself. I was thinking glass, but I might just have to try this out.

margretdzn said...

Lora,
What a cute and unique ornament...:):)
yes, yes, yes to the Hanukah bush.....
you mentioned PVC--what part is PVC, what part faux bone...??

Blessings, Margaret

Lora Hart said...

Thanks Everyone! it was fun to make.

Margaret, Faux Bone *is* PVC. I'm funny with my writing and don't like to use the same word twice in a sentence, but I agree it was confusing. The whole thing is sawn from one piece of the thinnest of the Faux Bone sheets.