Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Talk About Multiples...!



These are the first four rings that I've made for the Ring A Day challenge on Flickr. The goal is to make 365 rings! Even using found objects, that's a tall order. I'm looking at every single thing my eyes light on in a new way... 'Can it be wrapped around a finger? Can it be twisted, contorted, added to, inserted in, bezel set, sewn...'

The white one is a plastic spoon that I melted and shaped. I then used a regular stone setting bur to set the lab grown garnet. The one on the wooden hand is a piece of plastic sushi grass wrapped with colorful 'Happy Tape' from dinner the night before. The sweet pink beads were the name tag ID bracelet that I was given at birth (Mom's name? Estelle Freed). My first piece of jewelry! And the silver ring is a sample for the Level 2 Certification class that I'll be teaching this weekend in Studio City.

Oh, and by the way, there are still seats available - so if you've been thinking about taking your metal clay skills up another level, check out my class blog for more info. I'd love to see you there!

5 comments:

Angela Crispin said...

They are all very cool! I hadn't seen your two new pieces: I love your first piece of jewelry, and the sushi is fun ! This is a great exercise !

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

I've been watching the ring a day challenge and it's so inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

Chocolate and Steel said...

I want that spoon ring! gosh, you are so talented. It looks like porcelin.

PK Studios said...

The spoon ring.....brilliant! And, one ring a day? I'm impressed : )

Heather said...

What an interesting project. Good luck.