Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Gettin' Close

Last week it was all about earrings. This week I'm making all of my already fired bits and pieces into necklaces. I've had some of them sitting on my bench for years! To get ready for my show June 11, 12 and 13 I'm turning every single fired thing I have into jewelry. That or sending it to Rio to become raw materials for some other jeweler (refining scrap).

These are just some of the necklaces I've been assembling. The reticulated box is from a metals class I took at Santa Monica College two years ago. After I'm done with the assemblages, I'm hoping to have still more time to make a few new pieces. Including a larger Specimen Container to be a wowzer in the middle of my table.

Isn't this photo by Drew Davidson great?

And speaking of Specimen Container's... did you see my tutorial on Tonya's blog? I think she did a great job with the synopsis. And if you'd like to learn how to make something like it in person, come out to The Beading Place in Tustin this weekend for a two day workshop! We're gonna have so much fun. I think there are 4 or 5 spots open - so make that call and come on down.

4 comments:

Zoe Nelson said...

I like what you did with the turquoise piece. Good thing you didn't decide to scrap that one! I bet it's one of the first to sell at your show.

Elaine said...

Yes, saw it! Great project!

Cathy said...

Fabulous project Lora! Love your clever concept for something so personal - it has many possibilities!

And love that you're repurposing your "bench finds" into necklaces. You'll surely have a table full...

Phoenix said...

saw the tutorial and will see you at the class :)

love the 'get 'er done' idea. I've been doing the same before my little show next week. It's fun actually . . . memory road and all that