Monday, March 2, 2009

Waste Not - Want Not

What this should really mean to me is don't waste time and you won't want more of it. Not that I really *wasted* my art time this week. I had a play date, taught some classes, straightened up my life (which of course must be done to have the energy to create), but I didn't have time to think about this week's One A Week challenge until the weekend. 

For some reason this one by Jeffery Sebelia was only the runner up. But really, how cute is that?

The theme is, indeed, Waste Not - Want Not. In Season 3, Episode 6 the Project Runway designers were taken to a city dump to collect trash and turn it into treasure (along with an extra $25 to spend in an art store).

I wasn't really thrilled with my pendant last week, but am totally into creating some recycled bling. I had a couple of ideas and finally decided upon one which I think will be really cool, but it's taking much longer than I anticipated. I'll definitely be finished by tomorrow. The only hint I'll give you is that 7 year old faux gold leaf sticks to it's protective paper and thus is a big pain in the patooti!

No comments: