Monday, October 19, 2009

Back in the Saddle

I was in a bit of a funk last week and got absolutely nothing done. Wahhhh. Okay. Those are enough tears. Especially since it's only mid morning and I've finished one necklace and am 3/4 through another one. Maybe I'll have some new things for the Contemporary Crafts Market in November after all.

Blue chalcedony, quartz and aquamarine on the chain and pearls to come. Gotta take a trip downtown.

Black star sapphire and pearls. Might have to keep this one. There's a small flaw on the stone.

I might have been in that funk because my beloved kiln is in sad shape. I might need a new muffle. Must get off the computer and call Paragon. They were so nice when I called with my problem. I sent off a million (or maybe only 10) pictures and Paragon will research it and tell me if there's something I can do on my end or if the kiln will have to be sent back to the factory. And if that's the case - do I do it or simply buy a new kiln (which I can ill afford). After the new part charge, the labor charge and the shipping charge it might run to around $400-500 bucks!!! Damn thing is only 4 years old. Say a little prayer for me won't you?

8 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Praying for you....
beautiful things...
and for the record?
I would love that last piece precisely because there is a flaw in it...
Enjoy the day, Lora!
Erin

Anonymous said...

sending you some good vibes, hope everything works out.

i really love the top necklace.

Nicola said...

Hope your Kiln gets better soon!
Keep the beautiful pendant, not because it has a flaw, but because it's gorgeous :)

Michelle Ross said...

I love both the pendants. What gauge wire is that where the pearls will go?

If it will cost that much to fix the old kiln, I say get a new one.

Just my 2¢

HappyDayArt! said...

praying...

kendal croix said...

i was in a funk last week as well.
but it is a new week and one which will hopefully bring much productivity to us both.

Beth Hikes said...

Love the top necklace! Gosh, I hope the kiln is rejuvenated somehow :)

Tamra said...

Oooooooo...I'm totally drooling! [Always SOME excuse for keeping stuff, eh? ;-]