Friday, October 16, 2009

Weekend Eye Candy - Sarah Hood Edition


I first became aware of Sarah Hood through Lark's 500 series. Her work has been featured in Pendants and Lockets, Earrings, Necklaces and Enamel.

One of the things that really intrigues me is how she has taken a single interest, nature, and explored it in so many mediums and styles. From actual leaves, pods and spices to model railroad scenic props, to iconic Hindu imagery. Whether she's fabricating a one of a kind showpiece or casting multiples for a more universal commercial line - each design she creates speaks to every other.

Her pieces are playful, thoughtful and energetic. A delightful example of natures gem's translated into precious jewelry.

Be sure to check out Paige, Michelle and Christine's blogs to see their great eye candy.

3 comments:

Angela Crispin said...

Gorgeous selection ! I love her work.
Have a great week-end !

Michelle Ross said...

OK, this is going to sound bad, but it's really a compliment.......... I sometimes find your writing more interesting than the photos! Of course you pick great photos and artists, but you write about it so well.

Call me crazy!

Elaine said...

I agree! I featured her on my blog too! We both have excellent taste.