Monday, October 5, 2009

Newz

What a great weekend. I'm exhausted, but happy. I led three, count'em, three Intro to PMC classes in a row! Friday in Tustin, Saturday in Glendale, Sunday in Sierra Madre. Great students, all. Really - I must remember to bring a camera to these things. They all made such lovely pieces.


I'm also terribly excited that three of my rings made it into the PMC Guild Annual! (Volumes 1 & 2 now available on Amazon - volume 3 to follow) This is my third year to be represented in that gorgeous publication. Whooppee! I'll also be featured in TWO calendars. Holly Gage's "The Art and Design of Metal Clay Jewelry Calendar 2010" and Marjorie Oxman's "2010 Metal Clay Calendar" featuring the members of the Etsy MetalClay team (available soon).

AND Whole Lotta Whimsy and PMC Connection have both honored me by wanting to use my work in ads that will appear in the new Metal Clay Artist Magazine! The premier print version will be out soon, but the website has a digital sample you can take a look at.


Many thanks to the Diety and to the humans who thought my work was inspirational enough to include! *doing a happy dance now*

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that is good news, congrats! your work is awesome; love the rings!
i just subscribed to the magazine and ordered my calendar yesterday! i didn't know your work would be there, how exciting!

Lora Hart said...

Aw, thanks so much Sandra! You're such a lovely girl.

Tamra said...

Congrats, lady! You totally deserve it with all of the fabulous work you create. ;-]

Kathy Voss said...

Wow, this is so impressive! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Wowee-zowee, you are on a ROLL!!! Do you think I could say 'I knew you when..." Well, probably not exactly...but CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Margaret Schindel said...

OMG, Lora, those rings are AWESOME!!! It's no wonder they made it into such a prestigious publication! :)

Hugs,
Margaret

WearableByDesign said...

And your photography is just delicious too!!

Vickie Hallmark said...

You're just EVERYWHERE! Congratulations! I want to be like you when I grow up. ;-)

Chocolate and Steel said...

fantastico!!!! All gorgeous pieces that are newsworthy:)

Ruth said...

wowwwwyyy! You're on a roll! Everything you touch turns to .....silver?

Lora Hart said...

The photography is by the very talented Marsha Thomas.

http://marshathomasphotography.blogspot.com/

Jewels By Helen said...

I love your work and your posts. Congratulations, it's great when your hard work culminates together. I live in a place where there are no class for PMC, etc., so I depend on posts like yours to keep me motivated and inspired and trying new things. Maybe one day I'll get to one of your classes. Congrats again and thanks

Helen

Michelle Ross said...

You know I love the rings. Congrats to everything!

Bev ~ MangoTango Designs said...

Yay! Miss Lora's on a roll!

Gail said...

Love the rings. So great to see them in the PMC Annual. Congrats!!

Unknown said...

Wow Lora, you are just going from strength to strength! Very well deserved too! Your work is inspirational and it's so good to see the appreciation coming in from all directions.
Congratulations!

Angela Crispin said...

You rock ! So very well deserved !!! Take a minute to breathe in and enjoy the recognition of your hard work and gorgeous jewelry !

Donna Penoyer said...

You deserve adulation in all its forms! Your work is wonderful, you're a terrific person, and you've got a lot to offer the world through your teaching and artistry. Congratulations for everything!