Friday, May 23, 2008

Wanna go Shoppin'?

Well, it's a beautiful morning here in L.A. It rained last night and now it's cloudy, windy and gray after 90 degree weather last week. I love gray mornings. Anytime I wake up to overcast skies I feel like playing music. And taking direction from the lyrics. Let's go for a walk. And while we're out and about, let's go shopping.

I was up late last night getting my Etsy shop open !!!! Woo Hoo! I woke up early yesterday and took pictures until noon, then spent the rest of the afternoon and evening posting and writing descriptions.  Geez that's a lot of work.  But new adventures always take a lot of prep.  So what do you think?  I'm not sure I like the way the thumbnails look, and I warmed up many of the pictures too much - but I'm not redoing them.  I'll just change my background for future pics.  They look pretty in the bigger size. That's good enough. At least they're in focus.

I'm selling finished jewelry as well as components for other jewelry designers like you.  What I'm wondering is... should I have a separate shop for the components?  Haven't finished loading those in yet since I thought of that.  Thoughts anyone?

A Flikr "friend" of mine in Italy even hearted me already.  I feel like I'm on my way.  I'll probably have a mild panic attack whenever I get my first order, but that's the price of doing business.  Nerves.  Wish me luck, take a look and leave a comment.  Your opinion means a lot to me.

5 comments:

M said...

Ooooh yes please ( ie go shopping in your new shop), tho I'll have to save up first- been spending on improving my craft room lol. Anyway I do so love your work and will be checking your shop & buying as soon as.
ps love your blog too.
mary v

Lora Hart said...

Thanks for looking and for liking what I'm offering Mary. Which piece would be on your wish list? And whatever happened to A Pictish Gem?

kait said...

I too have been wondering about one shop versus two, since I'm contemplating selling some loose beads as well as finished jewelry. I'm interested to hear others opinions on this question....

Kirsten said...

Your shop looks so good!

Lora Hart said...

Thanks Kirsten! I'm really happy with the way it turned out too.