Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What a Day This has Been...

Not my feet, but ain't they pretty?

... What a Rare Mood I'm In
   
Early this morning Paige picked me up and took me to the hospital for an appointment with my talented young surgeon Dr. Glauser. Now first of all - is anyone as amused as I am that his last name rhymes with Hauser?  As in Doogie? Anyway, he gave me my walking papers!!!  Huzzah! Let the news be read throughout the land, the wicked old walker at last is dead. Or at least closeted.  Can you tell I'm excited?

"The Blue Apothecary Bottle" by Janet Hill

On the way home, we stopped at my mail drop to discover that a lovely painting I'd ordered through Etsy during my long convalescence and subsequent boredom had arrived just in time to celebrate my renewed autonomy.  It's a little "pain and suffering" gift to myself.  I love it, don't you?

Pretty plate by Sandy Kreyer

Then I drove myself to get the car washed & waxed before hitting the grocery store for a little sushi treat. The best way to celebrate anything in my opinion.


When I got home, I started reading e-mail and surfing my blogs to discover from three separate sources that "Picture Yourself Creating Metal Clay Jewelry" by Tammy Powley has hit the shelves, and I'm happy to report that no less than four pieces of mine are featured in the gallery.  I haven't seen the book yet, but when I get it I'll write a review.  And yes, I'll be objective.

Dante's Beloved

Jean's Bead

Shield Earrings

Split Lentil

All of These Great Photos Are by Marsha Thomas

6 comments:

HappyDayArt! said...

Ooooooh! Gorgeous! What a great day I agree.

In your previous post you wrote "tools... I want to play with them and create beautiful things with them and earn accolades from my peers and win awards". I'm with you. It doesn't get any better than that!

Catherine

Lora Hart said...

Gee Catherine, this just let's me know how fast content can be viewed. I'm still editing this post! Have to figure out how to underline with HTML.

And thanks so much for the complement.

Angela Crispin said...

Fireworks !!!! YAY ! Boy that newfound freedom must feel good !
Congratulations ! Love the background music ! Those feet are calling for tickling ...
Cheers my friend !
Angela

Lori S-C said...

Hey Lora,
Congratulations on your renewed license to move...
I enjoyed our conversation at the PMC guild, and decided to check out the blog we had discussed (yours)... and I am making an effort to separate from my computer too and get back to making stuff...
BTW, your blog is great....

Susan Dilger said...

Congratulations, girlie!!! WHOOPEE!! Enjoy and celebrate your freedom, but WATCH YOUR STEP! You need to get your land legs back again.

susan

kait said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! So happy for you!