Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Busy Work


I've been a busy bee today. I'm really enjoying making these hollow rings. The Parapet Ring was my first, made for an exhibition when I was just entering my confinement.



I decided to make two more designs and I finished this one today. The second had a little tear/split during firing so I'm oil pasting it together and will re-fire tonight.



This one feels really good on and I can't decide whether to keep it for myself or not. It's a perfect size 8. Looks wonderful on my middle finger.

 
This method of making rings may be habit forming. Think I should be worried?

7 comments:

Vickie Hallmark said...

OMG! That's incredibly beautiful! I'm really enjoying your blog, which I've newly discovered.

Lora Hart said...

Thanks for the compliment on the ring. I'm really happy with it too. And I'm really glad to know you're enjoying the blog.

Anonymous said...

I don't think you should be worried. It's perfect. Just make more.

Catherine

Angela Crispin said...

Beautiful and elegant. Love that curve !

Anonymous said...

Your work is lovely! I'm just a beginner with metal clay and love to find new, inspiring artists.

Denise

Anonymous said...

Keep it! I would! It's gorgeous (I still haven't forgotten about the bracelet...).

Lora Hart said...

What ya wanna trade for it? I'm imagining it on my wrist right now. Go get your hammer.