Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend Update

Kelp Basket by Leah Danberg

The Craft Market was great! I got through the whole thing, saw lots of really beautiful work and said Hi to some of my friends, but only lasted two hours instead of my usual 4 1/2.  Every time I went to a friends booth, I made them get up from their chair so I could rest my foot.  Owwie.  But I'm not complaining.  Just loving being able to walk.

I was a baaad girl and bought this lovely basket.  It's made out of actual dried seaweed. I've been gazing longingly at Leah's work for years (really), but am such a bad housekeeper that I wouldn't allow myself to own one.  I was just sure I'd drop it, crush it, damage it, something.  But I recently got a glass case, so I bought myself another little prezzie.  Gotta stop that.  Leah doesn't have a website, but if you're interested, e-mail me and I'll give you her phone number. I also picked up a little some'in-some'in for a friend's b-day, but I can't take a pic for you for obvious reasons. Her birthday isn't until next month.

Then when I got home, I read an e-mail telling me that my work was in an Etsy treasury!  Woo Hoo.  My first one.  So exciting. 

Fleur de Ring

Yesterday after my Guild meeting, I thought I'd peruse other Treasuries and lo and behold, I was in a second one.  So in the month I've been with Etsy, I've sold two pairs of earrings, been in two Treasuries and applied for membership in EtsyMetal.  Won't know if I got in for a few weeks.  I'll let you know. 

Hommage a Matisse - Brooch

Hope you had a great weekend too!

8 comments:

HappyDayArt! said...

Lora, now you've got me stalking etsy! I guess it is just a reminder to load some things into my shop now.

Catherine

P.S. I've tagged you too, but it is a different one...

Lora Hart said...

Whaddya mean you tagged me? Hearted? Yeah I need to load some newly finished pieces too.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you are doing well on etsy. I need to get something going over there some day myself.

Lora Hart said...

Thanks Tammy. You really should open a shop at Etsy. Something to do with all that extra time you have on your hands. Ha.

Lora Hart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Dilger said...

WOO HOO! Congrats on being in the Etsy Treasury. I guess I out to spend a little more time there (like I have so much!) seeing what's up. And "good on you" for selling two pairs of earrings. Start crankin' more out!

Also good to hear you're out and about!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on Etsy! --Both on the treasury and the sales! You'll have to share some of your sales secrets with me...

Lora Hart said...

Thanks! No tips, just luck. And as for the Treasury, I'm only making jewelry with a theme from now on. I saw three of Janos' today though and two over the weekend. What's HE doing to be so lucky? !