Friday, August 7, 2009

Weekend Eye Candy -Vina Rust Edition


Vina Rust's work is the perfect example of taking a single element and a single theme and exploring the heck out them to create a signature style.

Using only commercial tubing (sometimes called chenier), a bit of sheet silver to act as a skin and her fascination with cellular structures and botanical illustrations, Vina has developed a line of jewelry that is truly unlike any thing I've ever seen before.

She groups individual pieces in series' called "Stained Cell", "Cysts & Symmetries" and "Stamen", but to me they're so harmonious as to be conceived with a single thought. Microscopic slices of organic origin that are both contemporary and comfortably familiar.

I love her work. And the very next time I'm in San Francisco I'll be sure to drop by the Velvet Da Vinci Gallery to see some of it in person.

Please remember to visit Michelle, Paige and Christine's blogs to see their lovely collections!

4 comments:

MELODY ARMSTRONG said...

Vina Rust is one of my very favorite jewellers!
I have always admired her work and design aesthetic.

Ruth said...

Love the cells. Amazing work. They conjure up happy memories of when I was in research...

Vickie Hallmark said...

I just love her work! I don't know which piece I would choose if I could own one.

Diane Weimer said...

Vina Rust's work is just amazing. I love her pieces... such precision and such seemingly effortless beauty. Wonderful!