Monday, August 31, 2009

And The Winner Is...

Me! I spent part of the weekend cleaning out a closet and opening boxes that haven't been examined in well over 10 years. Amazing the things you'll find. Tight velvet leggings from the eighties, enough books to stock a small library (I'm giving most of them away) and *the* most beautiful drinking glasses ever! I have absolutely no memory of buying, using or packing them. But I'm sooo glad to have found them. I just broke the last wine goblet (which I use for all kinds of beverages) of a set I've had for, um, probably 15 years and was just about to go to a thrift store to look for replacements.

Aren't these beautiful? There are two versions. This one which I think of as a goblet and a shorter one in the same style that would look beautiful holding chocolate mousse or freshly sliced nectarines. Very Tudor-esque don't you think?

And this one is more of a juice size glass. if it were larger I'd definitely go out and buy a bottle of dark ale to christen it.  As it is, I can't wait to imbibe a little pomegranate juice. There are four of each. I'm such a lucky girl.

And so is Brenda! She's the winner of the three cameo's for her remembrance of her dear  Grandmama. My friend Michelle, the one and only juror, said " She made it so personal. I really felt her surprise and delight". So Miss Brenda if you'll look over in the right column - you'll see my e-mail addy. Just drop me a line with your full name and address and the triplets will be winging their way to you post haste.

Thanks to everyone who played with me. There'll be another chance for more goodies, but heaven only knows when. Anticipation is the best part of a pop giveaway.

8 comments:

yui said...

HI, Iam behind you. Good luck!
 

TesoriTrovati said...

I love it when I go thrifting in my own home! Congrats to Brenda. A worthy winner. It was so very fun! Enjoy the day! Erin

Anonymous said...

You KNOW how envious I am of your great find, Lora! Not even one drop of gas used, and an amazing treasure! WOOO HOOO!

Vickie Hallmark said...

Those are gorgeous! If I thought there were treasures like that buried, maybe I'd be willing to clean my closets.

Anonymous said...

They are gorgeous, what a wonderful surprise!
And congrats to the winner

Alicia said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful find.

Paige said...

The glasses are really beautiful and just think you got your closet cleaned out also. Win, Win.

Lora Hart said...

Yes Paige. The closet looks almost totally beautiful. But now I have books all over the floor in the living room! And I still have to go through all the hanging clothes that haven't been worn in years. I see lots of Goodwill in my future.

Still... it *is* nice to see the floor after so long.