Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"And it shook when she laughed..."


I walked to all three of my schools. A little under a mile to elementary, a little over a mile and half to jr. high and pert near two miles to high school. This is just to testify to the fact that my calf muscles have always been the most developed muscle on my body ( my tongue notwithstanding). Now, I know that was over three decades ago, but after a month and a half of inactivity, they look like my Nana's underarms (may she rest in peace). I had no idea that muscle tone decreased that rapidly. This morning I was bound and determined to start some floor exercising, but after just 30 seconds of bicycling in the air, I was exhausted. I'll have to start gradually and do many sets of ten seconds each. Many, many sets. Anyone got a Thighmaster? Maybe bicycling is too ambitious. Maybe I'll start with scissors. Leg lifts? Savasana!

1 comment:

HappyDayArt! said...

That was really funny! Sorry about your foot. Ouch!

Catherine