Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Welcome to my Blog!


I've been trapped in my apartment since February 24th recovering from the stupidest trip and fall accident ever. I did nothing but turn around and take one step and my foot hooked into the gas line of a Smith Little Torch and down I went. One fractured bone and torn ligament later (and surgery and the pain and suffering connected to that) here I am, trying not to go crazy and getting down to the business of taking care of things I should have done long ago.

I spent the past weekend updating my web site, after three years of doing nothing at all, and I have to say - I'm pretty proud of the way it turned out. I have a new shopping cart so interested patrons can avail themselves of my pretty baubles easier. And then I decided to try out a blog, so here I am. Typing away. An attractive design will have to wait for another day. The foot is slightly throbbing so I should go to the couch and put it up.

Next Wednesday I'll go back to the doc to see if I can start walking. Oh yeah - did I forget to tell you I also haven't walked since February 24th? It's all been hands and knees for me. Gotta admire babies for not complaining. And for not getting scabs on their tiny knees. Must be a special dispensation for 'em, the lack of scabbage. Okay enough for one day. Take care and watch where *you're* going!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I weren't coughing with every breath, I would surely be guffawing...the visuals, Lora...PUHLEEZE!!!! Scabbage? We have to enter that one in Wikipedia!

Sarah

Chocolate and Steel said...

ouch! That looks awful. Maybe you can dedicate your blog to "All things Feet". I'd subscribe:)

Chocolate and Steel said...

Oh, I forgot to say that your site looks great too. Your gallery is so impressive.

Angela Crispin said...

Well, this is living proof that all things can be positive ! Look at how much you've done since you've been stuck at home ! New website, new shopping cart, new blog ... and pretty soon new foot ! All that in such a short time. Maybe it's a formula ... and i should go looking for a gas tube to trip over ... naaaah, just kidding !!! Your work has paid off, everything looks perfectly wonderful !
o;-)
Angela

Angela Crispin said...

This is living proof that all things can be positive ! Look at all the things you've accomplished since you've been stuck at home : re-newed website, new on-line store, new blog ... soon to be new foot ! Gee, maybe that's the answer to getting things done and I should go searching for a long gas cord to trip over ;o) ... Everything looks beautifully wonderful !
o;-)

Angela