Friday, May 15, 2009

Candy, Oh Sugar, Sugar...

Here's my submission for the One A Week project. The Project Runway designers made their couture confections entirely from candy wrappers and the like & I wanted to do the same. 



Did I cheat a bit by using the plastic ring? Maybe. But I really like the alterations I made. First I cut the top of the ring into two leaves and a little ball, then covered it with the gold foil from the peanut butter/chocolate cups. Needed two. Yum! ;-)


The red gumball has definitely seen better days, er - hours, er - minutes (short life for a gumball), but I like the turquoise studs. Did NOT try either of these candies and have no idea of their consumptive delights. They scare me.



Great minds must think alike! Look, everybody else made rings too! Make sure you see all of their pictures and who made which. What a delicious challenge. What's next I wonder.

4 comments:

Nicola said...

LOL Lora that looks so much fun but I couldn't wear one as at about 3pm I'd have a sugar craving and realise I'd absent mindedly eaten it!! :^0

Nicola xx

Lora Hart said...

Please don't think about eating this ring Nicola! I can't afford the medical bills. Got the candy at the 99¢ store and it's 98% sugar, 1% flavoring and 1% binder. YUK!

Ruth said...

Love the fish skeleton!

Tamra said...

LOL! My gawd--all that sugar! --Really cool project--love that Swedish fish!!!