Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Fire Me Up!

Look at my new little dedicated soldering area! I've spent the last two days rearranging my studiolo, moving things around, hanging shelves, organizing... There are still some office things to find a home for, and of course findings and beads to put away - but I can see the floor and the desktop at the same time! It's a miracle. Okay - overstating a bit.


But I was so excited to put my new space to use that when the kitties woke me up way too early I decided to go with the flow and get to work. With components that had been laying about on my bench I made two rings and two pair of earrings! Woo hoo! Now I have to patina and finish - but breakfast first. And I wanted to share my joy with you all so of course I had to blog!

5 comments:

Vickie Hallmark said...

Awesome, Lora!
I've been cleaning my inside metal clay studio, but haven't yet taken on the task of the outside jewelry/glass studio. It has been overrun with chemistry lab preparations. Sigh.

Maggie Bergman said...

Great effort Lora, that can't have been easy! Where exactly is the new bench? Did you replace the desk?? I need to visualise it....

Donna Penoyer said...

Yay! Looks fabuloso! I'm suitably jealous and very proud of your hard work. xxoo

Anonymous said...

That is sweet!
My work area has gone to hell, I've got to get motivated to clean it up.

Cathy said...

Wow, this awesome! See? You are a whirlwind! And waking up early and creating... double awesome!