Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Unfolding...

While re stocking supplies for my students, one of the brand new brushes fell on the floor and the dang bristles popped right out of the ferrule! Bother!


As I picked it up and started to look at the construction - a light bulb went off. What a great element for one of my Ring a Day projects.

Helga Van Leipsig thinks that this view looks like a tribute to The Sex Pistols. : D

I'm in love.


Such a great use of a found object.


If I do say so myself.

12 comments:

Beadcharmer said...

very creative!!!

TesoriTrovati said...

Zoinks but I do love that! Love the repurposed nature. Love the hard lines but the soft curves of the bristles. Love the color even! Thanks for sharing, Lora! Enjoy the day! Erin

Vickie Hallmark said...

I adore it! The perfect artist ring -- a paintbrush on your finger ready to go, with the added secret pearl hidden inside.

Unknown said...

It really is an inspired use of the material Lora. I love the thought that you could shape it with hair gel, or colour it to suit your mood for the day. Gorgeous!

Donna Penoyer said...

Love it so much! I hope you'll do a whole series of these.

Cathy said...

That really was inspired! Love it - nice work, oh clever one ;-)

Paige said...

love it. so versatile.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I had to delete my previous comment due to a misspelled word! What I meant to say was that your brush ring brought a big smiLe to my face this morning!!!

Great, Miss Lora!

Dina Alexander said...

Fabulous, Inspirational Lora.

Janice said...

I love the progression - they're all wonderful individually or as a group!

HappyDayArt! said...

I like it too!