Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I've got a screw loose

All four of these were in my foot!

I woke up early this morning to get ready for my second surgery. They took the pins out of my not-so-little-anymore foot.  This time I got there at 9:00 by permission of the surgeon and they brought me in at 11:30.  I woke up in recovery at 2:30 and was home by 5:00!  It was a much better experience than last month.

While I was waiting for Paige to pick me up, I had about five minutes to waste, so I cruised the Etsy Treasuries just to see if I was featured in any.  Lo and behold, I was not in 1 treasury, nor 2, nor 3.  No, my work was represented in no less than 4 treasuries!  And two of them were curated by people I didn't know!  Too cool.

Then, while I was waiting for my dinner to heat up (after having come home from the hospital) I decided to check e-mail and found a message titled "The fame just keeps piling up" from Mr Tim McCrieght himself which read:

" Hi Ashley, Joanna, Lora and Patrik, When you have a minute, check out this link at the online portion of Art Jewelry magazine. As you'll see, your smiles are now available around the world. I hope this finds each of you well and enjoying the closing days of summer. Tim"

A great beginning to the day and an equally auspicious ending. Only wish what transpired in between was just as notable.  Well, I guess it actually was notable. The beginning of the end of my ordeal. With a taste of fame to act as bookends!  Lovely.

9 comments:

HappyDayArt! said...

Congratulations! You must be so pleased!

Catherine

Lora Hart said...

Oh yes, so glad to have it (the actual medical) almost over. And happy to anticipate the end of pain. I'm hobbling on the outside of my foot tonight and in quite a bit of discomfort - but this too shall pass.

Angela Crispin said...

Hey !!!! What loads of good news !!! How about that! No more pins! Can't wait to see what you are going to turn those into. Next realy race you'll run even faster, speedy Gonzales! ;o)
Sooo happy for you ! And I loooved to see your ear to ear natural smile in the article !!!! Cool spoon, too ! Fame well deserved !

Beth Hikes said...

Yeah no more metal enhancements! Glad you are getting better and the universe is responding with wonderful gifts :)

Unknown said...

Rock ON!
You are famous. just think, we shared tuna and patty melts back in the day.
: )
j

Anonymous said...

Congrats--on all fronts! --Getting the screws out, finally, and the fabulous email from Mr. McCreight (another of my jewelry world heros, hehe).

kait said...

Those are THE ACTUAL screws?!!!!

Too crazy! Congratulations! How wonderful to finally have that behind you:)

Anonymous said...

Hello Lora,
glad they have accounted for all of your loose screws ! I see from you ID tag that you are Scorpio too. my birthday is 11/12, and a few years older than you, but we are both of the elite "Scorpio" breed....
love your blog, and read each one,
donna t "Texas"

Lora Hart said...

Happy Birthday in advance Donna. We Scorps need to stick together. And thanks for supporting my blog. I'm so glad you find it enjoyable/helpful.