Monday, September 29, 2008

The Sweet Smell of Success

Dichroic Glass projects - fresh from the kiln

Okay, so we all get nervous about things that maybe we shouldn't expend energy getting nervous about. Maybe we should have more confidence in ourselves. Maybe we should realize that our years of previous experience will stand us in good stead in new situations. Maybe we should stop talking in the third person.

Marcie and Leila deep in discussion

My very 1st certification class went really well. I had 6 very nice and talented ladies, two of whom had never touched metal clay before! Everyone made top notch work and of course, everyone passed. In my most evil fantasy of pickiness and examination, there was nothing on any of the projects that stood out as unworthy. I'm so proud of each student.

And I remembered to take my camera! Woo Hoo! Unfortunately, the pics were awful. Boo hoo. I'll have to bring something other than a black velvet board on which to document the finished projects next time. You'll just have to take my word for it, there were some lovely and very creative designs.

Robin, Gayle, Lynne and Irma hard at work

The next class is scheduled for January 10th and 11th, so save some of your Christmas bonus and reserve your seat. Now I'm sure that we'll have a really great time and that you'll learn alot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your class!

Lora Hart said...

Thanks Joni~